What separates the great ones in life? What ”secret” do they know that the majority of the world doesn’t? Were they just born “special” and better than everyone else, or are they doing something that’s allowed them to elevate themselves in life?
If you research, you’ll find that a large majority of people who’ve “made it” in life came from VERY humble beginnings – abuse, poverty, broken homes, ect. How is it then that these people, who probably had it MUCH worse than a lot of us growing up, were able to rise up and making something of themselves?
The truth is, we are ALL special and ALL OF US HAVE THE ABILITY TO BE GREAT!
THERE ARE NO AVERAGE PEOPLE, ONLY AVERAGE THINKERS!
According to Steve Siebold, author of 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class, “Mental toughness is the ticket to becoming one of the great ones.” He goes on to say that average thinkers suffer from mild to severe delusion, and convince themselves that they are working harder than they actually are. They want to live the life of the CHAMPION, but are unwilling to pay the price of hard work and sacrifice. Since reality is too harsh to bear, they delude themselves into thinking they’re doing all they can to get ahead. In reality, they’re not. Are YOU one of these people?
The first step to becoming a CHAMPION is to really be honest with yourself about that question. It’s ok if the answer is yes, because at one point or another, every CHAMPION had to ask himself/herself that same question. What separates the CHAMPIONS from the rest, however, is that a CHAMPION finds the strength to look at himself/herself HONESTLY, realize the changes he/she need to make in his/her life, and then finds the courage to follow through on those changes. CHAMPIONS know that, in order to ascend to the top, you must first be operating from a mindset of objective reality. Self-deception and delusion have no place in the consciousness of a CHAMPION.
Siebold says that in order to begin making the necessary changes to truly think and LIVE like a World Class CHAMPION, we have to make a commitment to our growth, rise above our EGOs and check delusion at the door. There is no room to bullshit yourself here. Nothing but 100% transparency and honesty will be accepted. Be honest and ask yourself this critical question, “Are my habits, actions and behaviors congruent with the vision I have for my life?”
The Average vs. The Champion
- The Average competes – The Champion creates.
- The Average avoids risk – The Champion manages risk.
- The Average lives in delusion – The Champion lives in objective reality.
- The Average loves to be comfortable – The Champion is comfortable being uncomfortable.
- The Average has a lottery mentality – The Champion has an abundance mentality.
- The Average hungers for security – The Champion knows that security is a state of mind and doesn’t actually exist.
- The Average sacrifices growth for safety – The Champion sacrifices safety for growth.
- The Average operates out of fear and scarcity – The Champion operates from love and abundance.
- The Average focuses on having – The Champion focuses on being.
- The Average sees themselves as victims – The Champion sees themselves as responsible.
- The Average slows down – The Champion calms down.
- The Average is frustrated – The Champion is grateful.
- The Average has pipedreams – The Champion has vision.
- The Average is ego-driven – The Champion is spirit-driven.
- The Average is problem-oriented – The Champion is solution-oriented.
- The Average thinks they know enough – The Champion is eager to learn.
- The Average chooses fear – The Champion chooses growth.
- The Average is boastful – The Champion is humble.
- The Average trades time for money – The Champion trades ideas for money.
- The Average denies their intuition – The Champion embraces their intuition.
- The Average seeks riches – The Champion seeks wealth.
- The Average believes their vision only when they seet it – The Champion knows they will see their vision only when they believe it.
- The Average coaches through logic – The Champion coaches through emotion.
- The Average speaks the language of fear – the Champion speaks the language of love.
- The Average believes problem solving stems from knowledge – The Champion believes problem solving stems from will.
We owe it to ourselves, to our world and to mankind to elevate ourselves to be the best person we can be. After all, we are all Kings and Queens! There is nothing in this world that we cannot be, do or have, but we’ve got to elevate ourselves to a higher level in order to GO GET IT! I hope that this is able to benefit you in some way. Even if only one person gains something from this article, it will have been well worth my time. I wish you all the absolute best on your life’s journey!
Yours in health, wealth, happiness and continued growth,
PS – I don’t know if anyone besides me is still reading actual books, but if you are, you can purchase a copy of Steve Siebold’s Book here: 177 mental toughness secrets of the world class
If you’re an e-book reader, purchase a copy for your Kindle, iPad, etc. here: 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class